Rolls-Royce is a global company, providing integrated power solutions for customers in civil and defence aerospace, marine and energy markets. As a global Group, Rolls-Royce conducts research and technology programmes on behalf of governments, state and regional bodies around the world. The company has a strong track record of delivering these R&D programmes. It has a large number of experts in manufacturing technology, materials, operations and engineering.
Rolls-Royce is a key member of the global R&T community and has many international operations such as those in Canada, USA and Singapore along with a number of regional offices in Japan, South Korea and China. As a result, a significant part of the aerospace R&T programme is conducted at an international level. Within the European Union, there are a number of programmes that are run through the two key facilities in the United Kingdom and Germany.
The key roles of Rolls-Royce in PHiVe as Topic Manager, in overseeing the development of the Technical Annex including the Detailed Implementation Plan through the provision and management of the project dashboard include:
• Ensuring that there is a coherent project organisation structure and a logical set of plans.
• Monitoring project expenditure.
• Monitoring and controlling the progress of the project at a strategic level, in particular reviewing the technical annex at key milestones.
• Ensure that any proposed changes of scope, cost or timescale are checked against their possible effects on the overall description of work.
• Ensure that risks are being tracked and mitigated as effectively as possible.
• Ensure JU Project Officers are regularly updated with progress reports as defined in the Technical Annex.
• Provide project assurance to the JU by validating and monitoring the DoW against progress, keeping the project in line with EC strategies, monitoring changes to see if there is any impact on the DoW, Consortium Agreement and Grant Agreement with the Clean Sky JU.